Friday, March 2, 2012

update: 52 in 52

A few days ago I realized I am over halfway through my quest to read 52 books in 52 weeks.

Here's where I stand:

This is Week 33 and I have read 28 books, so I am 5 behind my goal, but that's not so important. What's important is I am consistently reading and am enjoying it.

Upon reviewing my book list, several patterns surprised me:
  • 14 are non-fiction or based on true-life events. Fiction is usually my genre of choice, but I seem to have expanded my reading palate.
  • 11 are memoirs, autobiographies or biographies. My interest in non-fiction centers on other people's experiences. 
  • I've read 7 before, but it's been at least three years (usually longer) since the last time I did so.
  • 6 describe travel to/life in countries outside the U.S.
  • 1 was in Spanish.
As I keep reading, I would like my focus to be enjoying and learning, and not getting through the books, just to add another talley to my list.

As always, book suggestions are welcome. Thank you to those who have gifted and suggested books to me. If they haven't already appeared on my list, they will soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...