Wednesday, February 29, 2012

what I'm loving wednesday: leap day edition

I did it. I successfully read The Hunger Games in Spanish. All 396 pages.

I've never before read a book in Spanish just for fun. And I've never read any book in Spanish that was this long. It's a satisfying achievement and helped advance my vocabulary, comprehension and confidence.

I wanted to read The Hunger Games because the the older girls, Anne and Jodi all raved about this trilogy, and the upcoming movie. The only copy we have at the Home is in Spanish (claro), so I said, "Heck, why not?"

I am so glad I took on this challenge. While there are times I am disappointed by a book or movie because of all the hype from friends and the media, this was not one of those time. This book is AMAZING. It sucks you in and doesn't let go until the very last word. I can't wait to read the second and third books or to watch the movie when it comes out next month.

And although I am proud of my accomplishment, I will be reading Catching Fire and Mockingjay in English!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...