Monday, July 11, 2011

pray with me

"Again I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18: 19-20

Our leadership team wishes to protect the confidentiality of our children and to be discreet with this information, as we don't fully understand what is happening and what is to come, but I think it's important to share with you, so you can pray with me.

A full explanation of the Salvadoran government's new law or decision-making process would be long-winded. In brief, the government wishes to reduce the number of children in children's homes and the amount of time children stay in homes (three years maximum). Therefore, the courts have started to hold hearings with a portion of the children living in children's homes, resulting in rulings that they must return to live with their parents/relatives, even if their family members are not prepared to care and provide for them.

Please pray that the wisdom and spirit of God fills the hearts and minds of the Salvadoran judges, government officials and other decision-makers. Pray for the children being sent back to their families, and for the families ability to care for and support them. Pray for Love & Hope, all our children, and Rachel. Pray that we have the strength to continue despite adversity, the wisdom to know how to proceed, and the ability to trust God and His plan. 

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...