Sunday, September 25, 2011

six more

I know God sent me here, but I don't know for how long. I will get on a return flight in December, but have been thinking and praying about whether or not to return to Love & Hope for another six months after the New Year.

About a week ago, Shelby and I were laying in her bed, chatting before bedtime. After some teasing and laughs came a question routinely asked by all the kids: "When will you leave here?"

I've learned this question doesn't indicate that they want me to leave, but that since so many visitors and missionaries come in and out of their lives on a regular basis, they like to have a sense of what to expect from each person.

"In December," I answered, sure the conversation would end there.

But Shelby surprised me with another question: "And when will you come back?"

The kids have asked many times when I am leaving, but this was the first time anyone had asked when I would come back.

I think it was in that moment with Shelby that I made my final decision.

"In January," I replied.

And we both smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...