I am loving that my dad will be here in FOUR DAYS! About a month ago, I was feeling homesick, so I called Dad and asked him to visit me. Without hesitation, he started searching for flights that day and booked one within a week.
I am so incredibly blessed to have a father who has always supported my ideas, dreams, gifts, talents, and endeavors. He loves, believes in, and has always made me, and my brothers, a priority. I love you, Dad, and can't wait to share my world with you!
I am loving the Salvadoran hello and goodbye. No matter how often you see someone, or how well you know someone, greetings and farewells always include a hug or a kiss on the cheek.
I love hugging my family and friends, but in the U.S. it isn't as common to hug your friends hello and goodbye. I appreciate Salvadoran friendliness and feel that people bestow a hug or kiss not only because it's a cultural norm, but because they truly care.
I am loving connecting with friends and deepening relationships, despite being 2,000 miles from home.
I am loving connecting with friends and deepening relationships, despite being 2,000 miles from home.
![]() |
| Okay, so this isn't a picture of MY friends, but you get the point. And I also love this TV show. |
I am loving la madrugada (taking a page out of KES' book). me. The Spanish word madrugada means early morning, daybreak, or dawn.
During the rainy season, the sun both sets and rises early, which helps me jump-start my day. I usually wake up between 6:00-7:00 a.m. and follow a morning routine of exercise, shower, quiet time and breakfast, before starting work at 8:00 a.m. Mornings are peaceful times to focus on myself and God before the craziness of living in a home with 29 other people begins.
I am loving the Union Church of San Salvador. I am attend both the local Catholic church and the Union Church, a nondenominational, international, English-speaking, Christian congregation. The pastor is also the Executive Director of another children's home in San Salvador, as well as our good friend. The church members are a friendly, encouraging, faith-filled population, often in El Salvador on a short-term basis (1-3 years)as missionaries or U.S. Embassy employees.
I've found comfort, support and new friends at Sunday services and have recently joined a women's Bible study, where I hope to make more connections and deepen by knowledge of Christ. It's beautiful when so many people, from different countries, cultures, and faith traditions, can come together to worship the same Lord.
I am loving Wednesday night at the movies. Only $2.25. Tonight we are going to see Los Agentes del Destino (The Adjustment Bureau). During the previews, there is always a commercial in which several actors congratulate Cinépolis, the primary theater in El Salvador, on its 40th anniversary. This is one of my favorites:
What are YOU loving today?





I am loving that you posted a picture of FRIENDS. And I am loving following your blog :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Wendy! :)
ReplyDelete