Thursday, May 17, 2012

I pray you enough

A mother and daughter hug goodbye at the airport security gate. The mother says, "I love you, and I pray you enough."

After the daughter leaves, an observer asks the mother, "I heard you say, 'I pray you enough.' May I ask what this means?"

The mother smiles, saying, "It's a prayer my family has handed down for generations. When we bless each other with 'I pray you enough,' we are asking God to fill that person's life with enough good things to sustain them."

I pray you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
I pray you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I pray you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I pray you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I pray you enough gain to satisfy your wantings.
I pray you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I pray you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

May we all pray (you) enough for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...