Tuesday, May 15, 2012

a summer at sea

In exactly thirty days, I will embark on a 66-day adventure, sailing across the Atlantic and around the Mediterranean Sea, working as a Resident Director with Semester at Sea. This means that I will be leaving Love & Hope and I have not even begun to process what that means. It's difficult to believe I've lived here for almost a year and even more difficult to fathom leaving this place, this country, I've learned to call home.

I don't know what plans God has in store for me, and to be honest, I am anxious and nervous to figure out what they may be. I am open to continuing as a missionary in El Salvador, but I also know He may be leading me elsewhere (perhaps back to the good ole U.S. of A.). There are pros and cons to both choices, people and things I will miss with either flip of the coin. One day I want to stay and the next I want to go. The next step is a mystery. The only thing I do know is when I say good-bye in June, it won't be forever. For I'll be leaving a large piece of my heart here and someday I'll come back to find it.

I'd like to keep If You Want Me To dedicated to my time in El Salvador, but I'd also like to chronicle my journey at sea. To this end, I've created a new blog Where in the World is Amanda? I hope you'll continue to follow me as I take the summer to discover more about the world, my next steps in life, and myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...