Wednesday, May 2, 2012

wilw: may edition


I'm loving...The Avengers. Now, I've never read the comic nor did I have any expectations for this film. I have seen Captain America: The First Avenger (liked it), both Iron Man movies (liked them), The Incredible Hulk (don't remember much about it), and Thor (in my opinion, not so good), but I think The Avengers was FANTASTIC. What made this flick go from good to great was the comic relief. While I enjoy action movies as much as the next person, I really appreciated how the physical humor, witty banter and comedic timing of the characters/actors/script lightened the mood of an otherwise extremely intense 2 ½ hours. BW, EE and I took the older kids to see it yesterday and it was so good that we are seeing it again tonight with KZ, KM and RS (on Wednesdays we only pay $2.25 per ticket)!

I (was) loving...Aunt Mary's lasagna. While my mom and aunt visited in April they made us two fabulous dinners: chicken fajitas and lasagna (with my aunt's made from scratch sauce). I've never eaten so well in El Salvador, and Aunt Mary, God bless her, froze an extra lasagna for me to eat this week. Last night I shared this culinary delight with my bible study gals and even after we all had a second helping, there were two pieces left. I planned to eat lasagna for lunch today, but when I looked in the refrigerator at noon I discovered someone had already eaten it. And, to make matters worse, they didn't even bother to remove the dirty, empty pan from the refrigerator. But I guess that's the risk you take when you live with over twenty other people (and don't take care to hide what you don't want others to eat).

I'm loving...my new friend Kirsten. Kirsten, who moved here on April 9th has made a two-year commitment to Love & Hope as our Educator. She'll be managing all our educational needs, including extra tutoring, school supply requests, and parent-teacher conferences. She's a kindred spirit and I am very happy to have her around. (I stalked her Facebook profile for this picture and she said I'm a creeper. It's true.)

I'm loving...surfing. I went today for the second time and while I am exhausted (it's 4:00 p.m. I've already been up for almost 12 hours), almost drowned a few times (maybe not literally, but it felt like it), swallowed a bunch of salt water, and don't look nearly as cool as this chick (picture below) I am happy with my progress (I rode a couple waves on one knee and one foot) and had fun!

Hope you have plenty to love this Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...